sexta-feira, 16 de dezembro de 2011

Louis Armstrong



Louis Armstrong
Basin Street Blues
(1928)

Won't you come and go with me 
Down that Mississippi 
We'll take a boat to the land of dreams 
Come along with me on, down to New Orleans 

Now the band's there to greet us 
Old friends will meet us 
Where all them folks goin to the St. Louis cemetary meet 
Heaven on earth.... they call it Basin Street 
[ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsfreak.com/l/louis+armstrong/basinml ] 
I'm tellin' ya, Basin Street...... is the street 
Where all them characters from the first street they meet 
New orleans..... land of dreams 
You'll never miss them rice and beans 
Way down south in new orleans 

They'll be huggin'.... and a kissin' 
That's what I been missin' 
And all that music....lord, if you just listen' 

New Orleans....i got them Basin Street blues 


Now ain't you glad you went with me 
On down that Mississippi 
We took a boat to the land of dreams 
Heaven on earth...they call it Basin Street



http://www.lyricsfreak.com/l/louis+armstrong/basin+street+blues_20085360.html






Shirley Horn

Won't you come along with me
to the Mississippi
we'll take a boat to the land of dreams
Steam down the river, down to New Orleans


The band's there to meet us
Old friends there to greet us
Where all the proud and elite folks meet
Heaven on earth, they call it Basin Street


Basin Street is the street
where the best folks always meet
in New Orleans, land of dreams
you'll never know how nice it seems,
or just how much it really means


Glad to be, oh yes-siree
Where welcome's free and dear to me
Where I can lose, lose my Basin Street Blues


Basin Street, oh Basin Street
Is the street, mama 
New Orleans, land of dreams


http://www.hotlyrics.net/lyrics

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário